Providing Canadian Small Business with great service and access to capital is a top priority for OnDeck. We greatly value our partner network that allows us to reach small businesses and we are always looking for innovative ways to bring you useful content.
On Thursday evening, May 10th, we hosted the first OnDeck Canada Partner Summit. Joined by QuadReal Property Group, Lendesk, Finestra, Flinks, CMBA and many mortgage industry leaders, we collaboratively discussed “Is the bull run over?” and how technology is changing the customer experience.
The speakers were captivating and knowledgeable. The audience was engaged, curious, and loaded with questions for our keynote speaker and panelists. The evening turned out exactly as we expected and more!
Our Keynote speaker, Carl Gomez the SVP, Research & Strategy at QuadReal Property Group discussed: How will regulatory changes affect housing demand, the prognosis for new supply, and what kind of impact will evolving demographics and technological disruption have on real estate?
5 Key Takeaways:
- Canada currently has a decreasing population of baby boomers and the future demographic is going to be dominated by millennials which will create a high demand for affordable and economic housing. For instance, reports suggest that Ontario saw over a 100,000 new immigrants come into the province in the last year.
- Environmental objectives and other policy issues are contributing to housing-supply challenges and structural constraints are a principal reason for rising land prices across the Golden Horseshoe. In spite of more condo supply is increasing, detached housing supply is going to be constrained and subject to above-inflation price appreciation over the long term.
- Consumers should expect the GTA to continue seeing “world class” housing demand and prices….as well as “world class” housing challenges.
- New technology allowing for the customization of individual needs to suit customer preferences is going to be the new normal.
- Consumers are driving the lending space and are setting newer expectations from partners and providing new opportunities to improve borrowing experience.
It was an amazing, educational and inspirational evening. We look forward to hosting similar events in the future. Please reach out to us with suggestions on topics you’d love to learn more about during future events.