Main Street Pulse Report Finds How Hard Business Owners Work to Grow Their Businesses, Support Their Families and Foster Community Growth
NEW YORK, July 1, 2015 – OnDeck® (NYSE: ONDK), a leading platform for small business lending, today released findings of its latest Main Street Pulse Report, a quarterly study of small business trends. The report examined what it’s really like to be a small business owner, revealing that they invest as much time and money as they can to grow their businesses and in turn, their communities.
Key findings of the study include:
- The American Dream is alive and well – 81 percent of those surveyed traded the security of a corporate “9 to 5” job to build their own business, have more flexibility and follow their true passion.
- Small business owners have tireless work ethic – 90 percent work in some capacity on weekends; and 80 percent work from home even after leaving the office.
- Their #1 priority is growing their business – The number one thing business owners want more of is money for their business.
- Small businesses are committed to the growth of their communities – 80 percent of small business owners find time to help their communities.
- Running a small business isn’t easy, but it’s worth it – Despite the time and work required to run a business, nearly 90 percent say they would never look back.
“Small business owners truly exemplify the American Dream and are the cornerstones of their communities,” said Andrea Gellert, chief marketing officer, OnDeck. “In celebration of the 4th of July, we should all recognize the dedication business owners have to growing our local Main Streets, and in turn, our economy.”
The study is based on data gathered by OnDeck from over 800 small business owners across the United States and from a variety of industries.
For more information and to view a summary of our study, please visit www.ondeck.com/american-dream.
OnDeck (NYSE: ONDK), a leading platform for small business loans, is committed to increasing Main Street’s access to capital. OnDeck uses advanced lending technology and analytics to assess creditworthiness based on actual operating performance and not solely on personal credit. The OnDeck Score®, the company’s proprietary small business credit scoring system, evaluates thousands of data points to deliver a credit decision rapidly and accurately. Small businesses can apply for a line of credit or term loan online in minutes, get a decision immediately and receive funds in as fast as the same day. OnDeck also partners with small business service providers, enabling them to connect their customers to OnDeck financing. OnDeck’s diversified loan funding strategy enables the company to fund small business loans from various credit facilities, securitization and the OnDeck Marketplace®, a platform that enables institutional investors to purchase small business loans originated by OnDeck.
Since 2007, OnDeck has deployed more than $2 billion to more than 700 different industries in all 50 U.S. states, and also makes small business loans in Canada. The company has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and operates the website BusinessLoans.com which provides credit education and information about small business financing. On December 17, 2014, OnDeck started trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker ONDK.
Media Relations Contact:
Jonathan Cutler/Melissa Barto
JCUTLER media group
Investor Relations Contact: